Core Analyses Suggest Open-Pit Potential at Mexico Asset2nd October 2018
By The Gold Report
Source: Streetwise Reports 09/29/2018
With ongoing surface exploration and drilling, this gold explorer is expanding this project’s historical resource.
Goldplay Exploration Ltd. (GPLY:TSX.V; GLYZF:OTCQB) reported that new results from sampling of the historical core holes, drilled in 2010, at San Marcial confirm “attractive mineralized intervals down dip from the historic resource area and also along the mineralized trend,” the news release noted. “The continuous sampling from the historical core is providing valuable information to expand and connect mineralized zones previously modeled in the historic resource.”
These 2018 results, together with the past findings, reinforce the potential for open-pit development at the Mexico project and warrant deeper drilling to determine if underground mining would be possible there, according to the company. San Marcial is a near-surface, high-grade silver-lead-zinc project in the Rosario Mining District in Mexico.
Recent assays showed 21.9 meters (21.9m) (true width 20m) at 95 grams per ton (95 g/t) gold, or 146 g/t gold equivalent, along with 11.5m (true width 11m) at 122 g/t gold or, 160 g/t gold equivalent.
As for specific significant drill holes, SM-10-11 doubled the size of the mineralized zone in the furthest southeast section of the historical resource area, the company noted. SM-10-04 confirmed the presence of robust mineralization in the center of that historical resource area.
Goldplay continues its drill program and intends to release an updated San Marcial resource in Q4/18.
Read what other experts are saying about:
- Goldplay Exploration Ltd.
Sign up for our FREE newsletter at: www.streetwisereports.com/get-news
1) Doresa Banning compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: Goldplay Exploration. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article, until one week after the publication of the interview or article. As of the date of this article, officers and/or employees of Streetwise Reports LLC (including members of their household) own securities of Goldplay Exploration, a company mentioned in this article.
( Companies Mentioned: GPLY:TSX.V; GLYZF:OTCQB,