Oil & Gas Company Spuds Orogrande Basin Well to Test Geologic Theory10th January 2019
The Energy Report
Source: Streetwise Reports 01/07/2019
The energy firm explained how drilling will proceed.
Torchlight Energy Resources Inc. (TRCH:NASDAQ) started drilling the University Maverick A24 #1 well in the Orogrande Basin, it announced in a news release. The driller is Wolfbone Properties, and the operator is Maverick Operating.
The purpose of drilling the A24 #1 well is to vertically test Torchlight geologist Rich Masterson’s theory that a structural high, or four-way, trap could exist, which if present, would translate to excellent pay opportunities in the deeper, conventional zones.
If the theory bears out, once unconformity is reached at the height of the Penn silt, drilling will continue through it, “down into potential conventional zones deeper than the Penn Formation,” the release noted. In that case, the well could be drilled to an estimated depth of as much as 7,500 feet.
If the theory does not hold up, in other words A24 #1 proves to not be structurally high, drilling will be completed in the Penn section, “providing for completion potential in that formation and shallower Wolfcamp zones,” according to the release.
While A24 #1 is being drilled, Torchlight will also begin testing the previously drilled A39 #1 and A11 #2 wells, both of which showed “excellent oil zones,” the release noted.
Read what other experts are saying about:
- Torchlight Energy Resources Inc.
Sign up for our FREE newsletter at: www.streetwisereports.com/get-news
1) Doresa Banning compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are sponsors of Streetwise Reports: Torchlight Energy Resources. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees. As of the date of this article, an affiliate of Streetwise Reports has a consulting relationship with Torchlight Energy Resources. Please click here for more information.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article until three business days after the publication of the interview or article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases. As of the date of this article, officers and/or employees of Streetwise Reports LLC (including members of their household) own securities of Torchlight Energy Resources, a company mentioned in this article.
( Companies Mentioned: TRCH:NASDAQ,
Read more and Click Here To Get Started